The DPI website hosts Victorian Resources Online (http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/vro), which provides overview information on Victoria's Ecological Vegetation Classes (EVCs) and remnant vegetation. EVCs are basic vegetation mapping units used for biodiversity planning and conservation assessment at landscape, regional and broader scales in Victoria.
The DPI’s programs include:
• The Ecologically Sustainable Agriculture Initiative - 18 projects across the state aimed at encouraging productive and sustainable agriculture, focusing on biodiversity, greenhouse issues, environmental management, recycling and small farm enterprise issues.
• Information Notes Series – a series of information sheets on a range of topics relating to Agriculture, Flora and Fauna, Forests, Landcare, and Land for Wildlife. (go to ‘Publications’, then ‘Information Notes Series’ and search for ‘vegetation management’).
• The Knowledge Resource Centre – a library and information service over several locations across the state with a broad range of information resources relating to agriculture, conservation, land management and resources.
Library resources include:
• A comprehensive collection of publications produced by the Department of Primary Industries (DPI) and the Department of Sustainability (DSE) and their former agencies.
• Extensive scientific journal and book collections
• Collections of maps, photographs, videos and CD-ROMs
• Unpublished reports
The website also contains a number of Federal and State reports on vegetation management.